Hi beauties! It has been a long time.
I’m here to review this drugstore foundation that i chanced upon. It is the Essence all about matt oil-free makeup foundation in #5 matt vanilla.
It is a 12 hour long foundation (which i highly doubt), mattifying, oil-free, gives a flawless radiant fresh finish, covers imperfections without clogging pores, long-lasting and moisturising. At lease these are what it claims to be.
This contains 30ml of product, comes in a squeeze tube which is not bad, although i generally really love pumps.
Ignore that dirty accumulation of product at the squeeze tube, i had this product for a while. The product comes out to be quite watery. But not surprising as the first ingredient is water.
I decided to just apply half face first to see the difference and there is quite a bit of difference. I used about 3 layers of it, i would say this is a buildable foundation. 1 layer of it was about medium coverage. I have oily skin with lots of redness and big pores and with 3 layers, most of it is covered. Although i feel that some redness is sipping through.
That’s why i decided to apply a green base (The Face Shop Air Cotton base in mint) before i continue to apply the foundation.
Final Verdict :
- Squeeze-y tube with 3 shades only.
- Buildable coverage, liquidy formula.
- Has quite a strong smell to it but it is nothing bad-smelling.
- Hides my redness and pores quite decently, definitely recommend to put on green base for people with redness like me
- It is mattifying but not drying, feels tacky on skin but looks great for everyday use
- Product do come off abit when touched
- I noticed cakiness on my nose area.
- Affordable (I believe it is under 8 SGD)
- Great for everyday look/no makeup makeup look
- Definitely not a 12-hour wear foundation, 4-6 hours is good.
- Rating : 3.6/5